The National Dahlia Society Annual Conference and AGM 2020
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held at
Kenilworth School, Leyes Lane, Kenilworth, Warwickshire. CV8 2DA on Sunday 15th March
2020, commencing at 10am.
June Nash, General Secretary
NATIONAL DAHLIA SOCIETY
Woodside, Warwick Road
Chadwick End Solihull B93 0BP
Agenda for Conference Day
Sunday 15th March 2020 at Kenilworth High School CV8 2DA.
- 9am Registration (tea/coffee & bacon baps available)
- 10am AGM
- Coffee break
- 11.30am Chairman’s Forum: your chance to ask questions and air your views.
- 12.30pm Lunch will be served
- 1.30pm Speaker: Ray Broughton on pests and diseases
- 2.30pm Speaker: Dave Spencer on new varieties
- 3.15pm Speaker: David Brown on his dahlia travels
- 4pm Tea and coffee and raffle draw
- 4.30pm Conference closes
There will be opportunities all day to buy plants and/or tubers of the latest and best varieties and to collect your 2020 Wisley/Harrogate Schedules. There will also be a Bureau selling NDS goods.
Sunday Lunch at Conference
A two-course hot and cold buffet at £10 per head. Please order in advance from the General Secretary by 7th March. Payment in cash on the day please.
The Society Dinner
Venue: Kenilworth Golf Club, Crewe Lane, Kenilworth CV8 2EA Saturday 14th March 7pm for 7.30pm
Three-course carvery for £22. Please order in advance from the General Secretary by 7th March. Payment in cash on the evening, please.
- Apologies for absence
- Society Proxy Votes
- Item 1 General Secretary to read notice convening the meeting
- Item 2 Minutes of last meeting
- Item 3 Matters arising
- Item 4 Executive Council Report for 2019
- Item 5 Balance Sheet and Financial Statement
- Item 6 Motions received
- Item 7 Awards of Honour
- Item 8 Election of President
- Item 9 Election of Chairman of Executive Council
- Item 10 Election of Vice Chairman of Executive Council
- Item 11 Election of Honorary Treasurer
- Item 12 Election of Auditor
- Item 13 Election of Council members
- Item 14 Any other business
Members of the Council due to retire at the AGM but eligible for re-election are: D. Brown, Mrs B.Thomas.
In addition, P. Howell was co-opted onto the EC during the year.
Directions to Kenilworth School
From the north east via M1:
Take M69 Coventry which becomes the A45, then onto A46 (Warwick/Leamington Spa). At the Leamington/Kenilworth junction take the A452 to Kenilworth. At the Jet petrol
station roundabout take the third exit into Birches Lane, then 3rd left into Windy Arbour, then 4th right into Leyes Lane. The school is on your right.
From the north west via M6:
Leave at J4 to Coventry, then A452 to Kenilworth through Balsall Common. At Kenilworth. Take the B4103 keeping Kenilworth Castle on your right. At the Holiday Inn roundabout take the right-hand lane back onto the A452, Warwick Road. When you see St. John’s Church on your left, turn next left into Birches Lane, then third left into Windy Arbour, then fourth right into Leyes Lane. The school is on your right.
From the South and West:
Take the A46 towards Coventry then take the A452 to Kenilworth. At the Jet petrol station roundabout take the third exit into Birches Lane, then third left into Windy Arbour, then fourth right into Leyes Lane. The school is on your right.